Your moving day is coming, and you’ve got a lot more stuff than you realised. Now is the time to be ruthless with stuff you really don’t need.
Moving is stressful, we see it on peoples face everyday.
Get organised and reduce your stress levels with these handy tips:
• Declutter your life, get rid of stuff you haven’t touched or used for the last few years
• Buy more moving boxes than you think you need. You can always take the unused ones back for a refund when you’re packed. This will save you time in the long run
• Pack your boxes to the brim and write the contents on the box or simply number the boxes and make your own inventory list. Makes unpacking easier
• Put fragile things in smaller boxes and pack around them and label boxes fragile
• Crockery, glasses and china should be wrapped with packaging (butchers) paper to stop them clinking together and always put them in heavy duty (double thickness) boxes
• Soft furnishings, clothes and kids toys can be packed into Storage Bags – these are inexpensive and can be re-purposed when you finally unpack
• Books are heavy, pack them in smaller boxes, so you can carry them – Medium Heavy Boxes are perfect
• Jumbo boxes are great for larger items, don’t overload them you won’t be able to lift them
• There are Plastic covers for Beds and Lounges -great if you are storing them for a longer period to keep them in good condition
Call or drop into Kennards Self Storage Mona Vale at 4 By The Sea Road Mona Vale and speak with the Team, they can advise you on what Box sizes will work best for different items – There is always a full range of packing merchandise on offer.
Author: Ian Drews, Kennards Storage Mona Vale