Coorparoo is a suburb located just on the fringe of Brisbane’s CBD. Located just 4 kilometres south east of the CBD, Coorparoo has been a suburb of choice for young growing families.
Future plans for the area include:
• Achieving a balance between growth and maintenance of character and low-density residential development
• Rezoning more areas to the character residential zone to protect streetscapes and housing
• Rezoning 5.8 hectares of Stephens Mountain to the conservation zone
• Focusing change in centres along:
– Logan Road corridor
– Greenslopes Private Hospital
– area around Greenslopes busway station
• New commercial and retail space
• Protecting 13 additional pre-1911 buildings from demolition and adding 10 places to Council’s heritage register
• Ensuring new development is sympathetic to adjoining heritage places and does not detract from the streetscape
• Confirming future development potential at the existing Energex depot and former Ekibin extractive quarry site
• Requiring new developments in Logan Road centres to incorporate a landscaped setback.
There are currently 3 residential apartment developments under way with completion dates within the next 15 months. The demand for low density living with a balanced mix of retail, residential and alfresco dining is transforming Coorparoo to the suburb of choice.
The increase in housing activity has resulted in an iconic Australian Family Owned business making their mark in the area. The famous Orange and Blue Kennards colours are visible on their new purpose-built storage centre located on 21 Turbo Drive, Coorparoo, QLD 4151. This mega storage centre services the local community’s storage and packing boxes needs stretching from East Brisbane, Greenslopes, Holland Park, Vamp Hill, Norman Park, Seven Hills Dutton Park and Carina Heights to name a few.
The modern design of the storage building sets it out as the place to store your belongings. With storage spaces ranging from 1sqm to 200sqms there are many choices available for even the fussiest of customers. The combination of oversized covered loading bays and free to use trolleys makes transporting goods into storage units quick and easy.
Payment is also made easy with no lock in bonds or leases, simply pay 1 months rent in advance. Customers can move out whenever they wish, any unused rent is pro-rata refunded. Simply, you only pay for what you use.
Keeping up with technology, Kennards Self Storage Cooparoo has the latest hi-definition, hi-resolution CCTV cameras covering the property. For added security all storage units are individually alarmed and customers use their unique PIN coded to access the centre.
Customers have commented on the open and airy feel of the retail area. The retail area is home to the reception counter and one of the largest range of packing materials to assist with customers moves. These include over 10 styles of packing boxes, bubble wrap, packing paper, moving blankets, heavy duty storage tape and much more.
Drop in and have a cuppa with Kellie and Patti, you might even twist their arm for a tour of the money corner with the million-dollar view.