The results are in, Australia has a love affair with wine. Having a glass with dinner after a tough day at work. Taking a bottle as a gift to a dinner party or collecting wine as an investment are just some of the reasons that sales of Wine in Australia are on the rise.
When you first start drinking wine it can be hard to choose one. They all look the same to the un-initiated. Do I buy the $15 bottle or the $50 bottle. Some wine connoisseurs have provided the following tips.
Picking a good bottle of wine:
• If you are new to wine, start with a white or rose.
• Think of other flavours you enjoy.
• Consider the occasion.
• Read the label— and learn what you’re reading.
• Don’t stress over the age of the wine.
• A high price doesn’t always mean it’s the best.
• Balance. When a wine is in balance, none of the components of acidity, tannin, alcohol, or fruit stand out as the main event.
Some more tips from said connoisseurs.
How to drink Wine:
• Red wine: Room temperature or a touch below. Don’t be afraid to put your reds in the fridge for a few minutes before opening.
• White wine: For whites with roundness and richness, it’s helpful to let them warm up in the glass as you drink.
• Champagne, sparkling wine, and rosé: Ice cold.
Once you have made your choice the issue is where do you keep it. There are so many wine fridges in the market and they all come with a price. Then there is the issue of how much space the fridge takes. If you choose to store it at home on a wine rack then there is a chance that the wine can spoil. Do not store it on top of the Fridge. The temperature and the vibration from the Fridge will spoil the wine.
Kennards Self Storage Miranda loves to take care of Wine. Cameron and Adam will offer wine storage for all situations. Small wine cupboards catering from 10 wine cases ( x 12 bottles) will cater to those who do not have the space or environment to store their own wine they use.
Kennards Wine Cellars Miranda also caters to the collectors of wine. Kennards has many different sizes up to a space that can hold 400 cases of wine. The wine spaces can be rented in a no lease situation. All you do is pay month to month. Whenever you no longer need the space there is no exit fee. Cameron and Adam will even give you a refund of unused time if you no longer need the space. As with all spaces at Kennards Self Storage Miranda you can have peace of mind that your space is secure while you are not there. All spaces are individual lock up with the customer holding the Key. There is pin pad entry to the facility and then again the Wine room. All the spaces are individually alarmed and the whole facility has CCTV coverage and back to base monitoring.
Cameron and Adam will even accept deliveries of Wine and send you a SMS for your collection. They will hold it for two days for no extra charge!!
If you need your wine you can pick it up at any time as all the spaces enjoy 24 hour access and is conveniently located in Miranda. The centre has to entry gates. One at 169 Port Hacking road and the back entrance at Kiama Street. Come in for a visit or contact Cameron and Adam on 02 9533 8600. They will be happy to help.