2. Collection - When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. The personal information we may collect about you includes your name, date of birth, address, account details, licence number, passport number, occupation, and any other information we made need to identify you.
3. Why we collect your information- We only collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary:
- to respond to your storage booking or other request or inquiry;
- to supply you with our products and services;
- to provide you with any documents, update your records or other information you may require;
- as a result of your use of the Website, when you enter a competition or complete a survey form or when you make enquiries with us;
- to enhance our product development, research and analysis to further assist your storage needs;
- to receive information about our services;
- for purposes of direct marketing or to send marketing materials about our new self-storage products and services.
4. How we hold your personal information - We hold personal information in hard copy and electronic form. Our technology and security procedures are of a standard reasonable to protect your personal information from misuse, disclosure and unauthorised access. We may electronically store the personal information we hold about you inside or outside of Australia.
5. Use of personal information - We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information:
- to recommend or provide you with self-storage products and services;
- carry out our business which includes account management, planning, product development, research and analysis;
- to inform you about or make offers regarding our new products and services;
- to customise and improve the Website and our related products and services offered to you;
- that you post in our blogs and forums for marketing purposes including our web marketing; or
- as data (that does not include your personal information) about your experience and feedback regarding our products and services and testimonials for statistics, research and marketing purposes.
You may also at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications by unsubscribing, calling or writing to us or by visiting the Centre where you hold storage or storage is held.
6. Disclosure - We may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties who act on our behalf to carry out business activities;
- to direct marketing providers or research companies;
- to anyone, where you have provided us consent;
- where we are authorised to do so by law ; or
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business.
7. Accessing and Updating Personal Information-You may access your personal information that we hold about you at any time. We request that you inform us if any of your personal information changes. Users who would like to request access to, or update, their personal information should contact the Centre where you hold storage.
Privacy Contact Officer: Kennards Self Storage Limited
PO BOX 947, North Ryde BC NSW 1670 Australia
1800 128 261 +61 2 9764 4555 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with the response from our Privacy Contact Officer you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner which can be contacted via the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website (www.oaic.gov.au) or on 1300 363 992.