New Properties Wanted
We continue to grow and want to consider new acquisitions for our business. Our business is the most experienced self storage developer in Australia. We maintain a strong pipeline of new centre openings and expansions, so encourage owners and agents to submit acquisition opportunities to us for prompt consideration.
What We Do:
We are a private company which acquires, develops and wholly-owns many of our self storage centres. In addition, we have undertaken projects in partnerships and with third-party investors.
Our company has been the most prolific developer of self storage projects for a number of decades. We have a strong development team with extensive experience so can conceptualise, design and deliver a range of different project types.
We are flexible and willing to work collaboratively with owners and developers to create innovative and exceptional development outcomes.
Our property acquisition and investment options include:
• Greenfield development sites - our experience with development of greenfield locations includes traditional drive-up self storage centres to large purpose-built big-box centres. We will consider properties with our without Development Approval.
• Conversion of existing buildings - we have strong imagination for the adaptive re-use of old existing buildings that have outlived their original use.
• Existing self storage centres - our growth appetite includes the acquisition of high quality well located operating storage centres
• Joint Venture Opportunities - We will consider partnering on new centres. Property owners who want to bring in the operator as partner are invited to contact us.
• Development collaboration with complimentary property uses - undertaking mixed use development where self storage is complimentary to other uses in a project is also considered. The low traffic, quiet nature of our business make us an attractive component amongst residential, retail, service retail and commercial developments.
What we look for:
Our many years of operating experience at KSS means we appreciate the attributes for a successful self storage project.
Any acquisitions we consider should have the following characteristics:
• Minimum 3,000 square metre land area
• Main road exposure, high visibility locations
• Easy access for vehicles to enter and exit the property
• Suitably zoned to permit self storage
Our preferred target markets:
Our target areas for new properties include the following major metropolitan markets:
Please get in touch:
To submit your property for consideration e-mail [email protected]
Where it all began...
Walter Kennard First started the family business in 1947. This began with renting cement mixers, wheelbarrows from a garage in Bathurst.